They say “Old habits die hard” – and I’m a perfect example of that old adage.
My kids are all grown up and out on their own, but I’m STILL a penny pinchin’ housewife!
Consequently I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to NOT spend money. One of my FAVORITE ways of keeping money in my wallet is “retacky-ing” (is that even a word!) my cutting mats.
- Nail Polish Remover (a.k.a. acetone)
- Painters Tape
- Stencil Adhesive Spray OR Dritz Basting Spray
- Razor Blade
- Wash the ENTIRE mat down with acetone to remove any dirty old adhesive and/or material that stuck to it.
- Tape off the edges with painters tape
- Scrape the exposed mat with the razor blade to remove balled up “yuck”
- Lightly spray the entire mat with Stencil Adhesive Spray
- Let dry for 2 – 3 minutes, remove tape, then cover with parchment paper to keep “yuck” from getting on your newly re-tacked cutting mat!
That’s it! Your good to go and should have a secure easy release tack on your mat once again.